I have always thought that if someone invites you for a cup of tea you should thank it, but if you’re being invited to have a cup of green tea, then you have to thank it with your heart.
Green tea has many benefits for your body and, personally, I love to drink it. Normally, I take it in the morning because it is the perfect stimulant my metabolism needs.
They say green tea is the greatest beverage on the planet, it’s full of antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on our body.
Let’s take a deeper look:
You will know that an antioxidant is a molecule capable of retarding or preventing the oxidation of other molecules. On the other hand, oxidation is produced by transferring electrons from certain substances to oxidizing agents, so that’s why consuming foods rich in antioxidants is so important for our body.
Now, when we are aware of how our body works and what is best for it, the healthy options always come in will be Green Tea.
Yes, I know I’ve said that it has many benefits so let’s name them one by one.
- Antioxidants can help reduce the risk of cancer, such as breast cancer, colorectal cancer, and prostate.
And, an important tip, don’t add milk to your tea. It can lower the antioxidants value that green tea has.
2. It helps with your brain health, and not only with its functioning but it also protects your brain in old age. Studies have shown that compounds in Green Tea have protective effects that help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
3. Green Tea may reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, this disease involves elevated blood sugar levels. Studies have shown that Green Tea drinkers had an 18% lower risk of becoming diabetics due to Green Tea can reduce blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
4. It has bioactive compounds, it has polyphenols that help reduce inflammation in our body. Also, it has an antioxidant called EGCG that helps prevent cell damage and it’s of the main antioxidants that Green Tea has.
5. Green Tea has less caffeine than coffee but it’s enough to have the effect. It has the amino acid L-theanine that helps to improve our brain function.
Quick Beauty Tips:
Also, if for some reason you’re not into drink tea, there are different ways for you to take advantage of the benefits that Green Tea has.
- If you want to have a beautiful hair and help it grow, you can just boil water, dip two tea bags for 2 minutes and let it cool, rinse your hair with it after you wash it with your usual shampoo. You’ll see your hair shiny and full of vitality.
- You can also boil water, dip two tea bags for 2-3 minutes and let it cool. Put the tea bags in your eyelid with your eyes closed, it helps reduce puffiness and under-eye circles.
- And of course, Green Tea is the perfect ally your skin needs for its antioxidants and nutrients. You can have tonic, exfoliant, and mask. It will help you maintain your skin as healthy as you want.
Oh! The excessive consumption of Green Tea is not recommended. Keep it up to 3 cups a day and remember you can have it with lemon, ginger, and mint.