If you are new to buying legal cannabis, you might be a little nervous about purchasing the substance. In most legal dispensaries there are plenty of different cannabis products to choose from, so it can make the whole process slightly overwhelming. Luckily, buying legal cannabis is a lot easier than you might think.
If you find yourself in a cannabis store, not having a clue what to say to the staff members, take a deep breath and relax. Now that the sale of cannabis products is legal for both medicinal and recreational use throughout Canada, buying legal cannabis is just like buying any other product from a store. Most physical dispensaries employ staff members known as “budtenders” whose job is to make sure each customer gets what they are looking for. Even if you have never consumed cannabis in your life, these friendly employees will be able to help you out and give you an honest opinion on what products you should consider buying.
Most dispensaries like Canna Cabana dispensary create a safe and warm environment for their customers. A lot of cannabis consumers look forward to shopping in their local cannabis store because the friendly staff members and customers make the overall experience enjoyable.
How to Tell the Difference Between Potent and Low-Quality When Buying Legal Cannabis
There are a few different indicators to keep an eye out for when determining which cannabis is stronger than others. Next time you are in a dispensary, keep the following in mind:
- Trichomes: In most dispensers, customers are allowed to examine the cannabis thoroughly before they buy it. With potent cannabis, you should be able to see lots of trichomes on the bud. People often consume potent cannabis because it can help get them to get really high, while others feel that strong cannabis works better for medicinal purposes than weaker cannabis.
- The smell: Potent cannabis has a strong, marijuana smell. Some strains smell different from others.
- How it feels: If the cannabis feels too dry, then chances are it is not that potent.
- Sticks and seeds: In low-quality cannabis, you can often find seeds and sticks from the cannabis plant inside the bud.
Most dispensaries throughout the country monitor the cannabis available in their stores. Finding low-quality cannabis for sale in one of these stores is rare. If you do want cannabis that won’t get you too high, just ask a member of staff for cannabis that is low in THC.
Rolling Joints Is Not That Easy
If you have never rolled a marijuana joint in your life, don’t assume that buying legal cannabis and rolling papers and be able to roll a big fat spliff in minutes. Mastering the art of rolling nice joints takes a lot of practice. There are plenty of tutorials on streaming services on YouTube that are worth taking a look at.
Most cannabis dispensaries have a wide range of marijuana rolling papers for sale. Some are flavored, others are made from 100% hemp, and some are available in different colors. The thickness and weight of the papers will vary. When you are starting, rolling with very thin papers can prove extremely challenging, so you are better off purchasing heavier, thicker papers. These papers are ideal for people who are new to rolling. There are lots of rolling devices available designed to make rolling joints easy. A lot of dispensaries also stock these items.
If you don’t feel that you can successfully roll a good joint, you can buy professional pre-rolled joints instead. You don’t have to worry about the rolling papers falling apart while you are smoking!
You Don’t Have to Buy Cannabis From a Dispensary
Buying legal cannabis from your local dispensary is only one way that you can legally consume the product. Even though buying cannabis in Canada is completely legal, some people would prefer to purchase the substance discreetly. If you want to keep your cannabis consumption private, here are a few other methods worth trying:
- Mail-order Marijuana: You can legally order marijuana from an online pot shop and get it sent to your home through the mail. This has become a very popular way of buying weed in recent years, especially since the outbreak of Covid-19. Some people live miles away from their closet dispensary, so MOM (Mail Order Marijuana) is an obvious solution in comparison to driving for hours.
- Delivery service: Since the pandemic began, it seems like every cannabis store in Canada offers a delivery service. Many dispensaries will deliver cannabis products for free if they are located close to their physical store. You can either order cannabis online or by phoning the dispensary. Some stores allow customers to order cannabis products 24 hours a day!
- Marijuana Drive-thru: Nowadays, you don’t even have to get out of your car to purchase cannabis products. Some dispensers have a drive-thru so customers can buy whatever they want from inside their car.
If you are worried about people seeing a cannabis delivery boy showing up at your door wearing a dispensary uniform, don’t be. Cannabis stores are well aware that some of their clients want to keep the fact that they consume cannabis a secret, so they don’t wear the uniform. Also, if you order cannabis by MOM, the packaging that is used to send the product gives no indication whatsoever that there are cannabis products inside. If you think there is going to be a huge cannabis leaf on the packaging, think again.
You Don’t have to Smoke Cannabis
If you really want to try cannabis but you hate the idea of smoking, don’t worry, there are lots of other options available. Most dispensers sell vaporizers that are designed to vape THC or CBD oils. Some people find joints are hard to smoke because it causes them to cough while vaping isn’t as harsh on your throat. You can buy vape juice that is laced with CBD or THC in most dispensers, and you often have a choice of different flavors.
People have been consuming cannabis through bongs for several years. People like to make their own bongs from old plastic bottles or even apples. You can find a wide range of bongs in most well-stocked cannabis stores, from small, pocket-sized bongs to large glass bongs. Most people cough after smoking a bong, however, when you get used to it, it gets easier. If it is your first time smoking pot, it’s probably best to avoid a huge bong packed with potent weed.
Edibles are really popular these days, and you can purchase all different types of tasty treats laced with marijuana in most cannabis stores. Be careful not to overdo it though, just because you don’t feel the effect straight away doesn’t mean it’s not working. Some edibles take a long time to kick in, so before eating any more, play the waiting game.
A lot of cannabis newbies make the same mistake. They consume extremely potent cannabis and never want to try the product again. Don’t be ashamed to walk into a cannabis store and tell the “budtender” that you are new to cannabis and you need help. The more information you give a “budtender” the better chance they have of finding a product that suits you. If you’re buying legal cannabis to help you sleep, just tell them so they can help you with your needs.