No visit to New Orleans is complete without a visit to Plantation Country. Dining experiences can be found in opulent dining rooms of Ormond Plantation, Nottoway Plantation, Houmas House, or in quaint café cottages at Oak Alley Restaurant and “mom-and-pop” eateries like B & C Seafood.
• 19-inch unbaked pie shell
• ¾ cups raw sugar (granulated sugar can be substituted)
• 2 table spoons all-purpose flour
• pinch salt
• 2 table spoons margarine, melted
• 1 table spoon vanilla
• 2/3 cup light corn syrup
• 3 eggs
• 1-2/3 cups chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir to mix. Pour the mixture into pie shell and bake until the crust browns, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing to serve.