Cannabis-infused chocolate: great-tasting high
For those of you who have visited a coffee shop in Amsterdam or a dispensary in the US or Canada, you would be more than aware of the huge amount of different products that these places sell. One thing they all have in common? Chocolate with weed. That is because it’s a combination that has been used for many years. There are many reasons for this, but the main ones are:
- Cannabis and chocolate go really well together, and therefore marijuana chocolate bars actually taste great.
- You can melt chocolate very easily, and then mix your cannabis or hash into it, and then let it set again. This saves you having to cook an entirely different product using something like cannabutter or hash butter.
Cannabis edibles: What’s the point of making edible weed chocolate bars?
Well, the best thing about edibles is that the high is not only stronger, it also lasts a lot longer. This is important for a number of things, for recreational use it means that your weed becomes more cost-efficient because you’re using less weed to become higher (per dosage). For medicinal use, it means that the dosage is strong enough to effectively treat any symptoms which are hard-to-treat. It can require high doses to fight something like treatment-resistant depression, severe pain, and other hard-to-treat symptoms or illnesses. It’s important to mention here that cannabis isn’t a “treat all” medicine. Some people will find that eating a large dosage of cannabis chocolate will actually have their symptoms become worse, and therefore it’s necessary to try a smaller dosage first.
Another huge advantage of eating cannabis chocolate, or eating cannabis in general, is that it’s far healthier than smoking it. When you burn cannabis (heat is necessary for decarboxylation) and then inhale the smoke, you’re inhaling a lot of dangerous chemicals. When you eat cannabis, the only unhealthy part is the chocolate itself. You can either make these cannabis chocolate bars yourself, or you can go to a dispensary where they should have cannabis chocolate bars for sale.
How to make weed chocolate bars:
If you’re making chocolate with THC at home, you will need:
- Thing first thing you need when making cannabis chocolate is Chocolate, any kind, milk, dark, or white. All it requires is cocoa butter, which is in almost all chocolate. 3 bars
- Cannabis, let’s start off small and say 2 grams.
- A grinder
- Mixing bowl
The method for making THC infused chocolate:
- Step one is to decarboxylate your cannabis. To do this, firstly grind your cannabis up, then place it on an oven-proof dish. Stick it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for at least one hour, and then remove it.
- Around 45 minutes into your decarboxylation, you can start to melt your chocolate. The best way to do this is to place your chocolate in a separate heat-proof dish on top of boiling water. You can also microwave it.
- Place all of the decarboxylated cannabis into the melted chocolate, and start to stir.
- Once it looks as if it’s all melted together, you can remove the chocolate, and place it into a mold.
- Remove any air bubbles inside your cannabis chocolate and then leave it to set in the fridge
If you do not decarb your weed, you will not be unlocking the full potential of the cannabinoids inside cannabis. To make the strongest weed edibles you must first decarb your weed. Any good weed chocolate recipe is not complete without decarbing.
How to make CBD cannabis chocolate edibles:
CBD chocolate follows basically the same process as making THC chocolate, but you’d be using CBD buds instead. There is another method, which is to pour CBD oil into your melted chocolate mix. Canna oil chocolate bars are one of the easiest cannabis chocolate recipes you can make. You can also do both of these things at the same time, to make yourself some stronger CBD chocolate bars. Just make sure you decarboxylate your weed if you’re using CBD buds because CBD also requires decarboxylation, not only THC.
CBD medical cannabis chocolate is great for treating a number of different symptoms. The most common symptoms that people treat successfully with CBD are:
- Sleep problems
CBD is great for these symptoms if it’s in a large enough quality. But unlike smoking, eating an edible can take a couple of hours to kick in. Therefore, it’s sometimes not the best option if you have anxiety or stress, because it takes too long to actually help you with your symptoms. If you want instant pain relief, check out this article about the best CBD strains for pain.
Whether you’re making THC chocolate bars or CBD chocolate bars, this article has got you covered. Chocolate and marijuana taste great together, just try it for yourself. Just remember the two golden rules of cannabis edible creation: decarboxylate, and mix with a fat or an oil. Chocolate contains fat, so you only have to worry about decarboxylation. If you really can’t be bothered to make your own, even though it’s so easy, you can find marijuana candy bars for sale in most Canadian and US dispensaries. THC chocolate is still illegal in some countries, and is definitely not legal in every state, however! But you can legally buy CBD buds in most places these days, so if you’re looking for a tasty, legal way to treat some symptoms, you should definitely look at CBD as an alternative.
- Cannabis-Infused: Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- Cannabis Gummies with Coconut Oil
- My Dog Ate My Cannabis-Infused Edibles, What Should I Do?