We’re not going to make you an Olympic marathoner from the comfort of your couch, but we do promise that you will feel better and with more energy after doing these exercises.
Either because the weather is not the most appropriate, because you don’t like the gyms vibes or simply because you prefer to stay at home and do anything else, if the exercise is not in your routine is something valid and common.
However, maintaining healthy muscles and, above all, the spine flexible, is super important no matter what your profession or lifestyle is.
Today we present a series of exercises that you can do alone or in combination, and due to its low impact will not take you a long time to do them or need special clothing or equipment.
A comfortable exercise that you can perform on the floor or mat.
- Get on your knees and leave them open to the width of your hips.
- Support the palms of your hands at shoulder width, observe that your back is straight and the tips of your feet are also resting on the floor.
- Contract your abdomen a little to keep this muscle group activity.
- Inhale slowly as you look up and flex your back toward the floor. Keep your hands on the floor and feel how the shoulder blades try to join,
- Now, exhale slowly as you bend your back, keeping your palms, knees, and toes firmly on the floor.
- Continue this sequence to the rhythm of your breathing, trying to do it as slowly as possible, repeat 10-15 times.
This exercise not only benefits the entire spine and core but also strengthens the wrists that tend to get numb from the use of computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
Like the cat-cow, you can do it on the ground or in a mat.
- Sit with your back straight, your legs extended to the front, preventing your knees from flexing.
- Flex your right knee and pass your foot over the left knee and make the sole of the right foot fully supported on the floor and next to the left knee.
- Turn your torso to the right and rest your right hand on the floor to maintain balance, remember to turn your neck as well.
- Take ten deep breaths in this position and then undo the posture and do the same with the other side.
- You can try to turn your body a little more with each exhalation. Do it carefully without forcing it.
This exercise helps to move your back and slightly open your hips, which is very important if you spend several hours of your day sitting. It also helps to stretch the back of the legs.
This is one of the simplest exercises you can do to have strong and turned legs. You can do it anywhere because you work with the weight of your body as it weighs.
- Put your feet together and stand with your right back.
- Slowly lift your heels while maintaining balance.
- Return to the starting position as slow as you can.
- Repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
For greater benefit, keep the buttocks and abdomen muscles contracted throughout the exercise.
The face is our cover letter and also the part of our body that suffers most from the onslaught of stress and age.
With the large number of muscles that exist under the skin of the face, it is important to keep them strong to prevent them from aging prematurely.
To Void Sagging Eyes
- With the firm head facing forward, you will make a “C” with the index and thumb fingers of each hand.
- Place each “C” around each eye, letting the index rest on the eyebrow.
- Close your eyes and open tightly, as in an expression of surprise. You will notice that the index fingers rise slightly.
- Repeat 10 times.
For the Double Chin
- With your head firmly facing forward, open your mouth slightly.
- Push the lower jaw forward and return it to the starting position slowly.
- Repeat 15 times
For the Cheekbones and Cheeks
This exercise is also ideal for those who suffer from bruxism, as it helps to relax the muscles that support the jaws.
- With your head firmly facing forward, make a forced smile that exhibits your teeth.
- Lift the cheekbone on the right side and hold the position for a couple of seconds, forcing the muscles of the face to hold the position.
- Repeat with the left side
- Repeat the sequence ten times.
- Do not hold your breath! It is important to maintain a fluid breathing rate.
You no longer have excuses for not exercising gently at home, even while watching your favorite series, wait for your favorite dish to finish cooking or work on your computer.