If you’re anything like me, then you’ll use any excuse to eat dessert. Luckily for you, we have one! This recipe was created in honour of Halloween! So, if you’re looking for something to do with your pumpkins after the holiday, we have the perfect thing for them. This cake has a rich pumpkin flavour, and a mouth-watering crust that will have ghosts and goblins asking for seconds!
What You’ll Need
5 large eggs
¼ cup of sour cream
2/4 cup of sugar
½ cup of brown sugar
¼ tablespoon of kosher salt
2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
3 (226g) blocks of cream cheese
2 cups of pumpkin (puréed)
5 tablespoons of melted butter
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375º.
2. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and stir until soften.
3. Next, add the flour, eggs, pumpkin purée, sour cream, vanilla, sugars and salt.
4. Mix all of the ingredients together until the mixture is at a smooth consistency.
5. For the crust, use a large Ziploc bag and add the Oreos.
6. Seal the bag, and crush the Oreos until they are crumbs.
7. Use a new bowl, and transfer the Oreos.
8. Melt the butter, and add it to the bowl.
9. Stir until ingredients are mixed together.
10. Grab a springform pan, and spray with cooking spray.
11. Press Oreo mixture into the pan and pack tightly.
12. Add the cake mixture into the pan.
13. Place pan in the oven and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
14. Remove cake from the oven, and run a knife around the cheesecake and remove the cake from pan.
15. Place in fridge and let cake cool overnight.