On a tour of Northern Thailand, a visit to the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai represents the height of luxury. Here we plant rice, dine on exquisite Northern Thai cuisine, sip blended watermelon, orange and pineapple juice, and learn to cook.
After lighting incense offerings to the Gods, our teacher demonstrates, and we follow along, pounding spices and chopping herbs into a velvety smooth bowl of richly textured Chiang Mai Curry Noodle with Chicken.
Chiang Mai Curry Noodle with Chicken
- 100 grams Chicken (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Egg Noodles (fresh or dried)
- 1 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1/4 tsp Hung Lay Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 2 pcs Thai Coriander
- 1/2 tbsp Spring Onions (sliced)
- Heat the wok with vegetable oil. Then deep fry the egg noodles. Set aside.
- Blanch the egg noodles in boiling water and place in a soup bowl with Thai coriander.
- Heat the wok.
- Add half a cup of coconut milk, red curry paste, hung lay curry powder, yellow curry powder. Keep stirring until all ingredients are mixed well, then add the rest of the coconut milk.
- Add the fish sauce and sugar. Mix it well.
- Add the chicken and chicken stock. Cook until the chicken is cooked.
- Pour the curry chicken on top of the egg noodles.
Yields 1 Portion