If you’re like me, then your love for avocado toast is real, serious and not ending anytime soon. As someone who eats it almost daily, I love to find new and innovative ways to make it. Here are two of my absolute favourite recipes for all you avo-addicts!
What You’ll Need
Salt to taste
1 slice of multigrain bread
1. Start by opening your avocado, and placing it in a bowl.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado.
3. Lightly salt the avocado, and set aside.
4. Place your bread in the toaster.
5. While your bread is toasting, grab a pot and fill 2/3 of the way with water and reduce to a simmer.
6. Remove the bread from the toaster and place it on a serving plate.
7. Carefully crack the egg into a cup and gently pour it into the water. Poach egg for 4-5 minutes.
8. Spread avocado over the toast.
9. Slowly remove the egg from the pot, and place it over the avocado.
10. Sprinkle chilli flakes and scallions over the slice of toast and serve.
What You’ll Need (per slice of bread)
½ of an avocado
1 mint leaf
1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of crumbled feta
Everything but the Bagel seasoning
1. Slice your baguette into even slices.
2. Open your avocado, and place it in a bowl.
3. Using a fork, mash the avocado.
4. Toast your bread slices and place on a serving plate.
5. Spread the avocado evenly over top each slice.
6. Chop the mint leaf and place over the avocado.
7. Take one tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, and sprinkle them over each slice.
8. Repeat previous step with honey and crumbled feta.
9. Sprinkle Everything but the Bagel seasoning and serve.