Last week I talked about one of my favourite events of the season: The Home for the Holidays & Spring Fever event at the Erin Tracy Showroom. I spotlighted an amazing organic skin company, Province Apothecary. Now, I want to mention one company I saw there with a unique product: All You Are Robes. What drew me to this company in particular is that they have an innovative design to their robes. The construction has a built in belt for added convenience. It made me think of my current robe, which I love because it was a gift from one of my besties. However, I find myself losing the belt all the time!
The idea behind All Your Robes:
“Most robes are either too frumpy and awkward or too slinky and clingy. The All You Are robe was designed for flipping pancakes, playing with kiddies, opening the front door, or spending a lazy Sunday in. This robe was designed for you.“
Your Go-To Robe
Most robes do not have a practical design. The All You Are Robe solves everything that is annoying about typical robes. Plus, their aesthetic is elegant and beautiful.
Created by Kena Paranjape, this entrepreneur, writer and public speaker is passionate about inspiring others to live their best lives.
In 2007, at the age of 30, Kena’s husband fell critically ill. Following intensive care in several hospitals, he returned home to recover, but with a permanent condition that needed to be closely monitored. Over the next seven years, Kena and her husband took care of his health daily until his passing in 2014.
Kena learned how quickly life can change, forcing her to not only adapt, but to make a choice on her how life would unfold. While things can get out of our control, we do have agency. Throughout this journey she learned many key lessons including the importance of living well no matter what our circumstances. This experience was the inspiration behind All You Are. For more about Kena, check out more of her story here.
The Features of the Robe
This robe is so nifty because of all its features. Here are some of them:
- As previously mentioned, it has a built-in belt. This is not only convenient, but also defines your waist.
- Slim, three-quarter length sleeves so they won’t get in your way.
- Deep pockets (who doesn’t love pockets?) that aren’t bulky
- Made of 100% cotton French Terry (sweatshirt material – what’s more comfy than that?) This material is absorbent, so it gives a cozy feel rather than clinging to your body.
- For a lovely added personal touch, there’s a secret message under the cuff (your possibilities are endless).
When you’re done showering or bathing, you want a product that is absorbent while providing enough cover. As I’m typically a Lazy Sunday person, this robe is ideal for getting cozy around the house while still looking chic.
- Alan Anderson, Canada’s Couture Costume Jewellery Designer
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Sesame Soba Noodles